Happy Pancake Day!
I am a huge fan of sweet pancakes but I am an even bigger fan of brunch!! So last weekend I decided to swap my usual bread filled brunch with some pancakes and it was delicious.
This is a very basic pancake recipe but great for adding things to. Adding vegetables such as mushrooms, spinach or even sweetcorn to the mix that would work really well and give the pancakes a little more texture.
150ml of milk of your choice
50g of plain flour
1 free range egg
A sprinkle of chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
*add veggies of your choice
- Whisk all ingredients together and set aside for 20 – 30 minutes
- Warm a wok or frying pan on a medium to high heat and add a little olive oil (use kitchen roll to spread evenly)
- Pour mixture in hot pan for around 1 minute (depending on size) and when it starts to bubble flip to the other side for 30 seconds, once cooked set aside on a warm plate
- Continue to do this until the mixture has all gone – there should be around 4-5 pancakes
- Serve with some chopped tomatoes with dill, sliced avocado (I mashed some and put it between the pancakes too!) some pan fried mushrooms and spinach, topped off with a runny poached egg.