Autumn is officially here and sometimes a big bowl of warm, hearty pasta is just what you need after a long day!
I created this recipe by needing to use up some old veggies and with my cupboard always having pasta and tinned tomatoes in it seemed the perfect dish to create.
Other vegetables would work just as well such as aubergines and leeks and if you are coeliac you can swap pasta for gluten free versions or even homemade!
Serves approx 4 adults
1 clove of garlic
1 and half courgettes
5-6 handfuls of spinach
5-6 cherry tomatoes
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
*Source of protein optional – chickpeas, chicken or prawns work really well
- Heat a wok or frying pan with a 2 tablespoons of olive oil, once hot add chopped garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add chopped courgette and pepper to the pan and cook for 5 minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes
- Once the cherry tomatoes start to soften, add the tin of chopped tomatoes
- *Optional step – add protein choice and simmer in the sauce until cooked through
- Add linguine to a pan of boiling water and cook for allocated time
- Once the protein has cooked, add the spinach and leave to simmer for 8-10 minutes until the sauce has reduced
- Drain the linguine once cooked and add to the sauce
- Season to serve (fresh chilli, basil or grated cheese are my favourite toppings!) and enjoy!
Buon Appetito x